Saturday, September 5, 2009

Paul planted, Apollos watered...

Today was Isaiah 12-22. It's been a long day, and I'm tired, but I remember God speaking through Isaiah at one point and saying that the people had made great preparations for some plant (i'm ashamed at my fuzziness right now), but that it would not grow because He had not allowed it to be so. Ugh, that was horribly recalled. I'll have to look it up later and correct this entry.

The point was (and this is what I remember for sure) that we can lay all the plans we want, we can plant all we want, we can say all we want, but if God does not bless it will not succeed. After my chapters in Isaiah, I listened to Mac Brunson's sermon "Growing Deeper in the Things of God" and he echoed this point.

God provides.



Whether it is the growth of a plant, or the income of a career, we can make neither happen without God's working in or lives. I pray that I will remember this, regardless of my situation. Much like Elijah in Mac's sermon, God has spent years teaching me to trust in His provision. I pray that like Elijah, I will step out in faith when He asks me to do great things.

I'll close with a quotation that Mac gave in his sermon. It was something like this (again, forgive my tired mind), "We can never know the depths of God's provision unless we are attempting to do impossible things." Amen, and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment